Active and Passive Voice
Present Indefinite Tense
1) I write a letter.
2) He writes a letter.
3) Boys fly kites.
4) She reads a book.
5) You play cricket daily.
6) I read a book.
7) Ali wins prize.
8) Najma knits the sweater.
9) The poet writes a poem.
10) She makes tea.
11) He kills a dog.
12) Our team wins the match.
13) The peon rings the bell.
14) The State employs nurses. Exam 2008
15) Mr. Aftab teaches us English.
16) The children clean their teeth.
17) The fisherman catches fish.
18) He takes the examination.
19) Ali takes his meal.
20) They play football.
1) Does the baby drink milk?
2) Who beats you?
3) Why do they make a noise?
4) Do they laugh at the poor?
Present Indefinite Tense
1) A letter is written by me.
2) A letter is written by him.
3) Kites are flown by boys.
4) A book is read by her.
5) Cricket is played by you daily.
6) A book is read by me.
7) Prize is won by Ali.
8) The Sweater is knitted by Najma.
9) A poem is written by the poet.
10) Tea is made by her.
11) A dog is killed by him.
12) The match is won by our team.
13) The bell is rung by the peon.
14) Nurses are employed by the State. Exam 2008
15) English is taught to us by Mr. Aftab.
16) Their teeth are cleaned by the children.
17) Fish are caught by the fisherman.
18) The examination is taken by him.
19) His meal is taken by Ali.
20) Football is played by them.
1) Is milk drunk by the baby?
2) By whom you beaten?
3) Why is a noise made by them?
4) Are the poor laughed at by them?
1) Nurses are employed by the State. Exam 2008
2) Hockey Tournament was held in
Exam 2009 Lahore
3) Hockey will be played by them. Exam 2010
4) The farmers will be supplied with seeds. Exam 2011
5) The first Olympic gold medal was won by women’s hockey team of
Exam 2012 Zimbabwe
6) The house was decorated. Exam 2013
1) Are the books sold?
2) Is the school decorated?
3) Why is the child beaten?
4) Where are the clothes washed?
5) By whom the child is brought up?
6) By whom the plants are planted?
Past Indefinite Tense
1) I wrote a letter.
2) He wrote a letter.
3) Boys flew kites.
4) She read a book.
5) You played cricket daily.
6) I read a book.
7) Ali wons prize.
8) Najma knitted the sweater.
9) The poet wrote a poem.
10) She made tea.
11) He killed a dog.
12) Our team won the match.
13) The peon rang the bell.
14) The State employed nurses. Exam 2008
15) Mr. Aftab taught us English.
16) The children cleaned their teeth.
17) The fisherman caught fish.
18) He took the examination.
19) Ali took his meal.
20) They played football.
1) Did the baby drink milk?
2) Who bate you?
3) Why did they make a noise?
4) Did they laugh at the poor?
Past Indefinite Tense
1) A letter was written by me.
2) A letter was written by him.
3) Kites were flown by boys.
4) A book was read by her.
5) Cricket was played by you daily.
6) A book was read by me.
7) Prize was won by Ali.
8) The Sweater was knitted by Najma.
9) A poem was written by the poet.
10) Tea was made by her.
11) A dog was killed by him.
12) The match was won by our team.
13) The bell was rung by the peon.
14) Nurses were employed by the State. Exam 2008
15) English was taught to us by Mr. Aftab.
16) Their teeth were cleaned by the children.
17) Fish were caught by the fisherman.
18) The examination was taken by him.
19) His meal was taken by Ali.
20) Football was played by them.
1) Was milk drunk by the baby?
2) By whom you were beaten?
3) Why was a noise made by them?
4) Were the poor laughed at by them?
Past Indefinite Tense
1) He was given a prize.
2) Aslam was punished by the headmaster.
3) I was allowed to go out.
4) You were fined by the headmaster.
5) Thieves were sent to the jail.
6) The book was not thrown out.
7) Mangoes were not eaten by us.
8) Was the mango eaten by me?
9) Were the horses bought by you?
10) Where was the well dug?
11) When were the thieves arrested?
12) By whom was the slate broken?
Does the headmaster punishes the naughty boys?
Are the naughty boys punished by the headmaster?
He is given a prize.
7) Why will he catch a bird?
8) He will make a noise.
9) Who will make a noise?
9) Future Indefinite Tense
1) A letter will be written by me.
2) A song will be sung by you.
3) Will a song be sung by you?
4) A song will be sung by me.
5) A song will not be sung by me.
6) A bird will be caught by him.
7) Why will a bird be caught by him?
8) A noise will be made by him.
9) By whom will a noise be made?
1) Present Indefinite Tense
2) Present Continuous Tense
3) Present Perfect Tense
4) Present Perfect Continuous Tense
1) Past Indefinite Tense
2) Past Continuous Tense
3) Past Perfect Tense
4) Past Perfect Continuous Tense
1) Future Indefinite Tense
2) Future Continuous Tense
3) Future Perfect Tense
4) Future Perfect Continuous Tense
How far it is true that if Hyder Ali had not died after the Second Mysore War, the history of
would have been written differently? India
What measures did Fateh Ali Tipu take to oust the British and why did he not succeed?
Under what circumstances the Muslim League came into being? What were its objectives?
The Lucknow Pact is considered a success of the Quaid-i-Azam. How?
Give the famous ‘Fourteen Points’ of the Quaid.
What were the two main features of the Government of India Act, 1935?
What is a Federal Government?
Write a note on the working of Federal Government in
Write a note on the working of a Provincial Governments in
The Provincial Assemblies of Pakistan have the following number of general seats. Give the name of Province against each:
130 297 51 99
What are the general duties of the Secretary General of the U.N.?
What are the main duties of the Security Council?
Write short notes on any three of the following:
a) UNICEF b) UNESCO c) WHO
d) ILO e) F.A.O f) World Bank
What are the uses of atomic energy?
How is the use of computer making our daily life easy?
What impact did the new inventions have on the mutual relations of the various countries of the world?
Freedom Movement – Brief Resume (1857 – 1947)
Why did they have a feast in the woodcutter’s cottage?
Who invented the first computer?
What are the functions of a computer?
How many parts does a computer has?
Name some of the languages of the computer.
What was Lamboo’s profession?
Why did Lamboo accept the captain’s offer?
What happened to the ship when a storm arose in the sea?
How many people survived when the ship was wrecked?
What did the survivors do?
What happened to the survivor’s boat?
What happened to the men in the boat?
What did Lamboo do when he reached an island?
Why was LAMBOO not able to get up when he tried to do so after he woke up?
What was the height of the men crawling along LAMBOO’s legs and over his body?
What was the condition imposed by the emperor before LAMBOO could be set fee?
What did the emperor’s men think LAMBOO’s handkerchief was like?
Who brought the game of hockey to the sub continent?
When was hockey included in the Olympic Games?
When did the World Cup for hockey start?
When did the Champions Trophy start?
When did the women’s hockey teams take part in the Olympic Games for the first time?
Which country won the first gold medal in women’s hockey?
Who was the second Caliph of Islam?
What was his sister doing when Hazrat Umar (RA) entered the house?
How long did Caliph Umar (RA) rule?
What kind of life did Hazrat Umar (RA) have?
What did the Caliph hear while passing by the poor widow’s house?
What is the difference between a star and a planet?
How are days and nights caused?
Where did the old man live?
Who knocked at his door in the stormy night?
How many people asked for shelter during the storm?
Did the old man refuse to give them shelter?
What did the people do in the story night in that small room?
When did the Horse and Cattle Show start?
When is the Horse and Cattle Show held?
What is meant by domestic animals?
In what games do horses take part?
What is the distance between the starting point and the marked peg in tent-pegging?
What are the riders required to do in horse jumping?
What does the word tattoo mean?
Write a note on ozone depletion.
Give short answers:-
What are chromosomes composed of?
Name any two products which are being made through genetic engineering.
Name two diseases which have been understood and are being treated by using knowledge of inheritance.
Give examples of plants and animals being produced by hybridization and selective breeding.
Define genetic engineering and biotechnology.
Write a short essay on the use of knowledge of inheritance in human welfare.
How are hereditary characters passed on to the next generation?
Explain selective breeding.
What is meant by biotechnology? Explain briefly tissue culture and genetic engineering.
Show the difference between diatomic and tri atomic molecule with examples.
Tell the total number of atoms in each of the following compounds:
a) NH4CI b) H2SO4 c) Fe2(SO4)3 d) Ca3(PO4)2
Write down the necessary conditions for writing the formula of ionic compounds and explain with examples.
Write down the symbols of those elements names of which begin with the world A. Give at least two examples.
Write down the symbols and charges present on the radicals given below:
Carbonate, Nitrate, Hydrogen carbonate, Sulphate, Phosphate, Cholride, Copper, Sodium, Ferrous, Chromium, Silver, Magnesium
Write down the formula of the following compounds:
Ammonium chloride, Aluminium phosphate, Calcium nitrate, Sodium phosphate, Barium carbonate, Zinc chloride, Ammonia, Methane.
Give short answers:-
Why silver jewellery tarnish with lime?
Why is it necessary to add a small amount of yogurt to conert milk into yogurt?
How is flour fermented?
The lightning of bulb is a physical change. Why is it not a chemical change?
Why do you feel cool when you sit under a ceiling fan after taking a bath?
Why is rusting of iron faster in rainy season?
How does human body fulfill its energy requirements?
What forces of attraction are present between Na and CI in sodium chloride?
What is a shared pair of electrons?
Define ionic bond. Give an example to explain its formation.
What is a covalent bond? How does hydrogen atoms form a covalent bond?
What is the difference between an ionic bond and a covalent bond.
Complete the following equations and balance them:
Why classification of organism is necessary?
2) i) What are viruses?
ii) Give the structure of viruses?
Describe whether viruses are living or non-living things.
3) i) Give different shapes of viruses?
ii) How do viruses get their food?
How are viruses transmitted?
4) i) What the bacteria?
ii) Where are bacteria found?
Describe different shapes of bacteria.
5) i) Describe the structure of bacteria?
ii) Define autotrophic bacteria?
6) i) Define decomposer bacteria?
ii) Give importance of bacteria?
Write down the bacterial diseases in man and animals.
7) i) Define Pasteurization?
ii) Define sterilization?
iii) Give different methods of food preservation.
Write down two characteristics of ferns.
What are the differences between mosses and ferns?
Give two differences between Dicots and Monocots.
Write down the names of different groups of non-flowering plants. Describe salient features of each group and give examples.